Data/Czas / Date/Time:
26/08/2020 - 28/08/2020
Miejsce / Place: Jussieu sala:
Kategorie tematyczne / Thematic categories:
- Horyzont 2020
- Przyszłe i powstające technologie - FET
- Technologie informacyjne i komunikacyjne - ICT
- Wiodąca pozycja w przemyśle
- Wyzwania społeczne
Rodzaj wydarzenia / Type of event:
Organizator / Organizer: Inria & partners
The VPH Institute is happy to announce that VPH2020, the next VPH conference on in silico medicine, will be in Paris, organised by Inria and partners.
The International Conference on the Virtual Physiological Human (VPH) is a conference series held biennially on even years, whose objective is to provide a forum for the discussion and the dissemination of the broad field of in silico medicine. The conference is an opportunity for researchers from all over the world to establish collaborations regardless of geopolitical barriers, identifying areas of cooperation, and promoting the development of partnerships for new research and educational initiatives in the area of in silico medicine.
The call for bids for the organisation of the VPH2020 conference closed on 15 Feb 2018. Two bids were received from the VPHi members:
- Inria & partners, presented by Dominque Chapelle ‣ Paris (France)
- DIBRIS in collaboration with Symposia srl, presented by Giacomo Pongiglione and Alessandro Verri‣ Genova (Italy)
At its recent BoD meeting on 16 March 2018, the Board awarded the conference organisation to Inria and partners. It was an hard choice, and on behalf of the BoD, we take the opportunity to thank once again DIBRIS for having participated to the call.
The proposed schedule for the VPH2020 conference is 26-28 August 2020, in the beautiful Paris.
The conference will have a very strong connection to medical applications throughout the program. To that end, at least one of the three plenary speakers will be a medical doctor active in clinical research, and at least 25% of the scientific committee will be MDs. The major themes of the conference will be:
- Fundamental modeling: muscles; bones; hemodynamics…
- Methodologies: inverse problems; reduced modeling and meta modeling; multiscale modeling; combining modeling and big data…
- Experiments meet modeling: cells; soft tissues; bones..
- Clinical applications: cardiovascular; cancer; lungs and airways; orthopedics; surgical decision; monitoring…
An “early stage scientific committee”, consisting of the organizing committee and VPHi board of directors, will soon start working on defining the key elements on the conference such as the plenary speakers, the session themes and associated organizers, complementary members of scientific committee (including MDs) and Journal for special issue.
We will keep you posted on further developments, in the meantime save the date!